View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #628
canada goose
Insane Embellisher

Default Spellbinders/Nestabilities/Wizard FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyk3868 View Post
I have a metal shim and have not found it to be particularly useful. I tried it with my Cuttlebug a couple of times but it didn't seem to make the dies cut any better. Maybe others have had a better experience and can comment, but I didn't think it did anything. I did see a video that was done by someone at Memory Box on how to spot shim an intricate die. They used layers of tape over areas that seem to have trouble cutting. Might be worth trying if you're having trouble. Here is a link to the video: How to Shim Intricate Memory Box Dies - YouTube

Hope that helps.
I found that using a paper shim works better than the metal shims, after trying one a friend had. I did read some time ago that Cheery Lynne had discontinued carrying the " cuttlehug" medtal shim.For me i find that a paper shim does the trick for some very intricate dies, even better than the wax paper. But I guess a lot depends on the machine you are using and the age of it and your plates. I have a 4 year old cb with original plates still cutting memory box and more just fine.More intricate ones I may have to do one or two extra passes mothing more....so far.... so good.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!