View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
gregzgurl
Watercolor Wizard

Default Advice needed - what should I do?

I have a kind of sticky situation, and need to know how to handle it. My best friend is also my SU! demo. She has health issues, so she is a hobby demo - I'm her only customer. My biggest complaint is that she never lets me know about ANY of the specials or promotions going on (I find out about them from threads here), and never lets me know when she is placing an order, just in case I might want to add something to it (shipping is cheaper for both of us when we combine).

Case in point: several weeks ago I asked her when she would be putting another order in, as I wanted to get some of the Berry Bouquet fabric. She said it would be soon, and did I want her to add that to her order? I said yes, please, and went on my merry way. She also gave me a gift certificate for my birthday in July, but I hadn't used it yet.

She called a week or two later to tell me "Oh, I placed the order last night." I asked why she hadn't said anything, as I would have liked to add some things. Her answer was that I hadn't said that I wanted anything else, so she had assumed that I didn't. I told her that I had been waiting for the holiday catalog to go live. "Oh well, I'll be placing another order soon" was her answer.

Yesterday she brought my fabric to me and I asked if she was aware of the 99 cent fabric sale. She said "Yes, I even got you one", and handed me a pack of the Deck the Halls fabric. I asked her why she hadn't told me about it. She said that she thought she had, and that she didn't think that it was going on when she placed the order. (Really? Then where did this Deck the Halls fabric come from?)

I know that none of this is a big deal in the grander scheme of things, but this kind of thing happens ALL THE TIME, and it's really frustrating! She gets her feelings hurt very easily, so I want to avoid that, but I'm wondering if I should look for a new demo, and just let her be my friend. I'm not really helping her meet her quotas or anything, because I don't buy that much (I used to when she was giving me her discount, but she doesn't do that any more - that's a whole 'nother story), so it wouldn't really affect her bottom line that much.

Sorry about the novel, but this has been on my mind for quite a while, and I'm just not really sure how to handle the situation - I'm too close to it to see it objectively. Thoughts?

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!