Thread: Cricut FAQ
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #2725
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewnmachine View Post
Wow! The Create functionality is really all over the map. Check what your build is on the Create - it's build 1.61 that is causing all the problems. The guide (Narelle) said that build went tooooooo far for the Create. After I updated to that build my Gypsy did indeed work - it was the carts that it wouldn't read. Then one woman said her Gypsy worked with that build for about 5 cuts, and then her machine wouldn't recognize neither the Gypsy nor the carts. So, who knows?

My Gypsy works well with my baby bug, and I have ZERO intentions of updating it. So. I am frozen in time.
I have 1.54, I think. I haven't updated my Create in years. I did update my Gypsy. That makes sense about the firmware build going to far. I didn't think of that. I am a little paranoid about cutting with the Create now because everything will break, lol. I can use my carts but it's a hassle with multiple cuts and sizing. I keep thinking the Gypsy will fail since I just updated it. I am not touching CCR. I have one of the Aqua Expressions. CCR almost blew up my E. It still doesn't work right to this day even after I reverted back firmware and fixed the machine. I have the Imagine and that is pretty much useless on CCR. I miss PC when it was simple.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!