View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #29
cat_woman
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
...The notion of getting on my computer and pressing a button and watching a machine cut something out is not terribly appealing to me. That's why I haven't bought a Cricut either.

I'm not making a judgment about folks who feel differently, just saying that it's not for me. I feel much the same way about digital stamps - I really enjoy the process of inking up a stamp and stamping the image, and then coloring it, too. I also like to sew and crochet...
I understand a lot of people have this opinion and its great that we all seem to have this community despite the differing views. I know for myself, I love working with computers, so my little CraftRobo is used quite a bit. I know there are probably people out there who just "use" the machine the premade designs. I love that if I have a particular shape in mind, I can go to my design software and create it myself. I can also recreate some of the more popular die shapes by building basic shapes and putting them together. I've worked out how to make my faux nesties in any size I want. I can make my own designs for embossing folders for any size card I want (within the limitations of my cutting bed). I've truly saved hundreds of dollars on dies, punches, and embossing folders using my CraftRobo to create them myself. And I love digi stamps too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampencamper View Post
I have weighed thoughts on this issue also. Mainly, the electronic don't do the embossing; and being electronic with computer changes, how many years will the electronic machine be compatible with matching the computer updates. I guess you could always buy a second hand computer for just the machine, but, that's requires another hook up and space. I just decided to not go the route of electronic, mainly because of computer updates, and extra space needed for another larger machine
There is a way around having another computer. There is software you can use (I think you can get some versions free) to run what is called a virtual machine on your computer. So if you have a PC, you could run a virtual Mac computer, or a machine with an older version of windows that is compatible with your cutter.

I am saving my pennies for a Zing. I've researched and read reviews till my eyes were about ready to fall out and I think this is the machine to go with. I'm putting the bug in hubby's ear - my birthday and Christmas are close together so I'm telling him he would only need to buy me the one big gift instead of two smaller gifts.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!