View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 04:53 AM   #22
scrapcat71
Matboard Maniac

I'm going to weigh in on this to (hopefully) help those who are on the fence about buying a Cameo, especially for cost reasons.

If you already have and enjoy using a manual die-cutting machine and you're thinking about buying a Cameo because you think it will save money and storage of manual dies in the long run, think again. I bought a Cameo last year and while it did slow me down with purchasing manual dies, there are still many I couldn't resist and ultimately I really like the look of the die-cuts from a manual machine and the process. It can really be a pain to open the software, find your cut file, alter the file for size, etc, load the mat, scrape the little pieces off the mat, assemble the die-cut, and on and on and on.

Also, I've found the Cameo to be a bit temperamental and I'm disappointed that you really only get good results with medium weight non-textured cs or patterned paper. Forget using your SU cs unless you like buying new blades and doing double cuts each time.

The Cameo has some great features and the 3D files are awesome, but as an everyday use machine there's just no way I have the patience to constantly deal with it when I have easier options. I use it in addition to my manual die collection, but not in place of it.

Just some advice for those who are on a budget so you maybe don't make a costly mistake that you end up regretting.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!