View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 12:22 AM   #40
Embossing Fanatic

Originally Posted by gailjj View Post
Hi. Thanks for your rply. i am using bazzill cs. no problems cutting basic shapes but when it comes to something more intricate that is when it starts tearing the paper. Living in Aus. i don't have access to a lot of the brands that are available in the U.S. i do have SU CS so i will give that a try. i have already registered with Silhoutte Plus and having a bit of a browse now. I guess it will be all trial and error and i think i am a little 'scared' of trying out too deep a depth in case i ruin the blade. i did get a new one so i have a spare now. so with the 'regular cuts' do you have to 'ungroup' them to cut the layers? confused with all of that as well.
i have done a print and cut, but had problems with my printer only printing reg marks on normal copy paper..wouldn't print on cs. will have to look into printer is all a new learning curve but i am sure with some patient i will get thing i did notice when i got my new blade was that it seems to be 'calibrated' differently to the one that came with the silhoutte. On the original the 'spine' lines up with the #2 and on the replacement i bought it lines up with the #10. Don't know it this matters or not??
Update: I checked the blades and it looks like there could be a difference with the original one. i set both blades at 4 and the oringinal one hardly had any blade showing. So i will try setting 2 settings higher than recommended and see if that gives me better cuts.
let yourself shine
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!