View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #39
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishymom View Post
The selling of studio files has just come up as an issue in the past few weeks. Apparently Silhouette changed their Terms of Use to prohibit designers from selling studio files. You can still sell files created on the Cameo, just as SVGs not studio files. This is not a big deal to me and I wonder if it is a way for Silhouette to keep the price for studio files low. I have found it interesting that some designers sell the exact same files on their websites for 2 to 3 times more than you can purchase then for at the Silhouette Online Store.
I just found out about it, lol. You can tell I don't keep up on die cutting news very much any more. I call it burnout. I would have been oblivious if I didn't get a question about it. It's a bit of a hassle for some designers who receive requests to convert files. The designers just zip the files up in several different formats including studio and sell them. Some new designers won't even think about this since it doesn't seem like a biggie. For years everyone was just bundling up their GSD files and SVG's together. GSD is the old format for the Silhouette machines. I would have been bundling and oblivious. I wanted to throw it out there in case others didn't know, like me.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!