View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #18
togrady
Kookie Creator

I have a Gazelle and still use the original red Sizzix but I have my eye on a Big Shot for Christmas. I love my Gazelle for cutting around stamps, for doing labels and fonts/scrapbook titles etc. It does emboss but it just isn't as crisp or deep an image as the manual machines create. It also does several heavier weight items like chipboard that the Sillhouette struggles with.

So why a manual machine? Like I said I like the depth of embossing pressure much better. I also use it for a few intricate dies where I want to keep the tiny pieces intact, like the Simon Says Stamp Dahlia die by MB. I want to be able to use the insides and I would lose the shape in unsticking it from my Gazelle mat. There a few proprietary dies I can't yet duplicate, and I am considering getting a particular set of spellbinders for that embossed edge.

So that is my two cents. Just like wood mounted hasn't disappeared with the popularity of cling or clear, I think there are plenty of people who use both styles and he industry can bear both.

My very new blog

Last edited by togrady; 08-28-2012 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: On my phone. Autocorrect!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!