View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #16
Barbara Jay
Die Cut Diva

I also have gone back and forth with myself on the idea of a Silhouette Cameo . I am looking forward to people's thoughts on this. I don't have any electronic die cutter.
I am also a hands on person so I am fine with a manual die cutter
My reason for considering one is to save money and space buying and storing dies.

However, I know I will never give up Spellbinder dies because I love the embossed look that they produce.

I wonder if I would save enough money by not purchasing other dies and use it enough to justify the cost of the machine?

The Spellbinder dies need the most storage space ( in CD cases) , so I would not save much storage space for just the other companies dies . All of my other company dies fit in a small Really Useful Box.

For those who are like me and still want Spellbinder dies do you use your electronic die cutter for other shapes often enough to justify the cost?

I don't think manual dies will ever become obsolete, but I think that some of the companies that recently got into the die market will stop selling them. There are so many companies with their own dies and many of them are offering nearly identical dies .