Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-28-2012, 06:09 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Gina K...

I have only recently discovered Gina K stamps, having purchased two of her StampTV kits in clear (absolutely LOVE them!)...my question is, how often and when (specific day of the month?) is there a new release? I tried to figure it out by going through her blog, but there didn't seem to be a set time frame. Also, how often is a StampTV kit released? So sorry, there is probably an obvious answer on the website, I just couldn't find it. Thanks in advance for any and all help ;)
By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. 1 John 3:16
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm new to them too but I think I read (will have to find the link) that Gina release news stamps every other month. Off to check that out! Will get back to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

I found where it states she releases new StampTV sets every other month, but would love to know what time of the month the new releases are revealed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Thank you so much for taking the time to investigate this with me...don't you just love her stamps?! Gonna try out some of her paper soon ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by klh54View Post
I'm new to them too but I think I read (will have to find the link) that Gina release news stamps every other month. Off to check that out! Will get back to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Hiya! So glad you have found Gina K and are loving your stamps! Of course, goes without saying I agree, LOL!

You are correct is that the StampTV kits come out every other month...then when a new one comes out, you can purchase the stamps that came in the kit by themselves.

We dont have a specific date for our releases and sometimes it might run a little longer than a month...say 6 weeks between times. Alot of factors go into that though...plate makers, clear stamp makers (Gina makes ALL red rubber stamps in house though), life getting busy, lol. This time of year life is pretty busy with school starting back up and everyone trying to get that last hurrah in before summer break is over! Right now, out next release is mid September...not set in stone as of YET! but Im sure it wont be much later than that! ;) Also, might have something a little extra coming up, so watch Gina's blog! (you didnt hear that from me though..)

Oh, and Gina's paper is THE best to me...especially the kraft!

Senior Design Team member for Gina K Designs
Behind the Scenes Crew at StampTV.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I too love the Stamp TV kits, everything is included to create cards and the wonderful design teams along with Gina showcase ideas to get your mojo flowing. Their papers are great and the service is always prompt and friendly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Thank you catdidit! That was just the info/explanation I needed!

I had a couple of more questions...please bear with me ;)

Does a StampTV kit count as a stamp set for the buy three get one free opportunity?

And, I noticed that Gina K uses Memento inks in her videos, do most of the Memento ink colors match or coordinate with her papers? Is that intentional?

Thanks also to all of those sharing your Gina K experiences with me...I think I have found a new favorite ;)

Last edited by littleladybug3; 08-28-2012 at 11:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleladybug3View Post
Thank you catdidit! That was just the info/explanation I needed!

I had a couple of more questions...please bear with me ;)

Does a StampTV kit count as a stamp set for the buy three get one free opportunity?

And, I noticed that Gina K uses Memento inks in her videos, do most of the Memento ink colors match or coordinate with her papers? Is that intentional?

Thanks also to all of those sharing your Gina K experiences with me...I think I have found a new favorite ;)
Hi Taryn! I'm not Cat but I can help you!! :mrgreen:
Yes, the Stamp TV kit counts as 1 set toward the buy 3.
Here is a link to the list of the Memento colors that match or coordinate real well with the cardstock. I'm not sure if it is intentional or not but it makes me happy!!!
We'd love to see what you create so be sure to upload on Stamp TV!!! :mrgreen:

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by catdiditView Post
Hiya! So glad you have found Gina K and are loving your stamps! Of course, goes without saying I agree, LOL!

You are correct is that the StampTV kits come out every other month...then when a new one comes out, you can purchase the stamps that came in the kit by themselves.

We dont have a specific date for our releases and sometimes it might run a little longer than a month...say 6 weeks between times. Alot of factors go into that though...plate makers, clear stamp makers (Gina makes ALL red rubber stamps in house though), life getting busy, lol. This time of year life is pretty busy with school starting back up and everyone trying to get that last hurrah in before summer break is over! Right now, out next release is mid September...not set in stone as of YET! but Im sure it wont be much later than that! ;) Also, might have something a little extra coming up, so watch Gina's blog! (you didnt hear that from me though..)

Oh good! You answered her questions. I just couldn't find where I knew I'd read that info.
I have just purchased one Gina K stamp set so far and love it! Shipping was lightning fast too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions, I really do appreciate it!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMcAreeView Post
Hi Taryn! I'm not Cat but I can help you!! :mrgreen:
Yes, the Stamp TV kit counts as 1 set toward the buy 3.
Here is a link to the list of the Memento colors that match or coordinate real well with the cardstock. I'm not sure if it is intentional or not but it makes me happy!!!
We'd love to see what you create so be sure to upload on Stamp TV!!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

Just out of curiosity, which set did you buy?

Quote:

Oh good! You answered her questions. I just couldn't find where I knew I'd read that info.
I have just purchased one Gina K stamp set so far and love it! Shipping was lightning fast too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

Can anyone recommend a must have set, one that you think is very versatile? Any recommendations would be appreciated ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Just out of curiosity, which set did you buy?
Hi Taryn,
I bought American Made in the clear version...for a several of reasons. 1.) I have been wanting a sun rays stamp for quite some time-love the look. 2.) I wanted a stamp set that offered cut files for my Cameo instead of having to buy dies to go with it. And I was specifically looking for label cut files 3.) I need more versatile stamps for masculine cards.
American Made fit every one of my categories! The only thing that would make this set even better is if there would be cut files for the sun rays stamp itself!

I'm really trying to buy stamps more thoughtfully than I have in the past. I used to purchase things because I loved the amazing things various design team members would do with them...but I didn't always think about how I would use them. Now, I consider my needs more carefully. I've inventoried what I own, made a list of stamps I would like to fill in the gaps and now I am on a search for companies that make cut files to go with their stamp sets rather than dies. Since I have a Cameo it much more economical for me.

Sorry, I probably gave you way more info than you wanted
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh you are going to love GinaK....class act in both product and service. Her paper is yummy good quality and her stamps now come in clear and red rubber on cling mount. I can't say enough about how much I love all things GinaK.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2012, 05:23 AM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

Sounds like you have a great plan! I am not familiar with the Silhouette. Is it easier to use than the Cricut machines? I have a basic Cricut model that I have only used once, for whatever reason it overwhelms me :rolleyes:

I also like the American Made set, largely for that sun rays stamp...may have to go on my list for future purchases ;)

Quote:

Hi Taryn,
I bought American Made in the clear version...for a several of reasons. 1.) I have been wanting a sun rays stamp for quite some time-love the look. 2.) I wanted a stamp set that offered cut files for my Cameo instead of having to buy dies to go with it. And I was specifically looking for label cut files 3.) I need more versatile stamps for masculine cards.
American Made fit every one of my categories! The only thing that would make this set even better is if there would be cut files for the sun rays stamp itself!

I'm really trying to buy stamps more thoughtfully than I have in the past. I used to purchase things because I loved the amazing things various design team members would do with them...but I didn't always think about how I would use them. Now, I consider my needs more carefully. I've inventoried what I own, made a list of stamps I would like to fill in the gaps and now I am on a search for companies that make cut files to go with their stamp sets rather than dies. Since I have a Cameo it much more economical for me.

Sorry, I probably gave you way more info than you wanted
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Sounds like you have a great plan! I am not familiar with the Silhouette. Is it easier to use than the Cricut machines? I have a basic Cricut model that I have only used once, for whatever reason it overwhelms me :rolleyes:

I also like the American Made set, largely for that sun rays stamp...may have to go on my list for future purchases ;)
Well, "easier" is debatable! It really depends on if you have a computer (desk top or laptop) in your scrap room since the Cameo requires one to operate and how comfortable you are on your computer. Some people don't like having a computer in their scrap rooms or feel intimidated by the computer so the Cricut is their machine of choice. It's a pretty straight forward machine for cutting out images & fonts from their cartridges.

So tell me, why do you feel overwhelmed by your Cricut? Is it sitting out for ease of use or is your space limited to the point where you have to store it away until needed?

Some people feel that it's so much quicker and handier to reach for their dies and paper to run through their manual cutters than it is to figure out how to set up a machine or it may feel like a big bother to have to learn how to use it. They get the results they want with less hassle on their manual die cutters... and that's perfectly okay.

For others electronic machines are just intimidating. There's too many buttons, too many choices, too many settings and if they have to do all that just to get one image they're out of gas! LOL! I do know how that feels!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #17  
Gabfest Goddess

Not exactly sure why it overwhelms me, I have plenty of space...guess I just feel more comfortable with my stamps and dies ;) I am not the most computer savvy either, so I should probably just stick to what I know :rolleyes:

Quote:

Well, "easier" is debatable! It really depends on if you have a computer (desk top or laptop) in your scrap room since the Cameo requires one to operate and how comfortable you are on your computer. Some people don't like having a computer in their scrap rooms or feel intimidated by the computer so the Cricut is their machine of choice. It's a pretty straight forward machine for cutting out images & fonts from their cartridges.

So tell me, why do you feel overwhelmed by your Cricut? Is it sitting out for ease of use or is your space limited to the point where you have to store it away until needed?

Some people feel that it's so much quicker and handier to reach for their dies and paper to run through their manual cutters than it is to figure out how to set up a machine or it may feel like a big bother to have to learn how to use it. They get the results they want with less hassle on their manual die cutters... and that's perfectly okay.

For others electronic machines are just intimidating. There's too many buttons, too many choices, too many settings and if they have to do all that just to get one image they're out of gas! LOL! I do know how that feels!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #18  
Gabfest Goddess

So glad I checked the blog today...got some of those new Christmas stamps and paper!!! Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by catdiditView Post
Also, might have something a little extra coming up, so watch Gina's blog! (you didnt hear that from me though..)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #19  
Glitter Guru

Taryn, you will love the cs Gina K has! It's the best I've used and a great price! She's getting more colors, too, and free shipping with $50 purchase.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #20  
Stampin' Fool

Ugh! Internet issues for the last two days has kept me from visiting my favorite places!! Our lines are bogged down from all the damage of Isaac, so I've been unable to check out any of the sales. I try going to a website and get that"page is loading" notice only it never loads. :o. LOL!
I wanna see those sales:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2012, 06:11 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I just saw that the next release party is Sept 13. Yea!!!:grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #22  
Gabfest Goddess

I got a pack of the winter colors, but in all my excitement for the Labor Day sale items, I forgot to order the gray cs I have been wanting. Plus a clear set my mom wanted was out of stock. Will just have to order again when there is a new release...(I see it will be soon) ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandma OverboardView Post
Taryn, you will love the cs Gina K has! It's the best I've used and a great price! She's getting more colors, too, and free shipping with $50 purchase.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #23  
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks for the tip! Looking forward to it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoFan60View Post
I just saw that the next release party is Sept 13. Yea!!!:grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

I got a pack of the winter colors, but in all my excitement for the Labor Day sale items, I forgot to order the gray cs I have been wanting. Plus a clear set my mom wanted was out of stock. Will just have to order again when there is a new release...(I see it will be soon) ;)
Thank you so much for this wonderful thread. I am humbled by your sweet comments! We are closed for the holiday weekend but we will be back in the warehouse and office on Tuesday AM at 9:00.

You can always call customer service to add on to that order. Especially if it saves on shipping! We have not shipped any sale orders yet since the sale actually started on our last day of the week before the long holiday weekend. We promise to be back at it on Tuesday to get those orders shipped asap.

GKD Customer Service number- 608-838-3258

And Yes, our release is planned for Sept. 13th although there are some problems in the clear stamp arena right now which could possibly delay things. We will let you know asap if anything changes.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone! XOXO

~G

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #25  
Gabfest Goddess

I will definitely be calling on Tuesday to add a few things to my order. Thank you so much for taking the time to pass on this helpful information. That is amazing customer service ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post
Thank you so much for this wonderful thread. I am humbled by your sweet comments! We are closed for the holiday weekend but we will be back in the warehouse and office on Tuesday AM at 9:00.

You can always call customer service to add on to that order. Especially if it saves on shipping! We have not shipped any sale orders yet since the sale actually started on our last day of the week before the long holiday weekend. We promise to be back at it on Tuesday to get those orders shipped asap.

GKD Customer Service number- 608-838-3258

And Yes, our release is planned for Sept. 13th although there are some problems in the clear stamp arena right now which could possibly delay things. We will let you know asap if anything changes.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone! XOXO

~G
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2012, 06:32 AM   #26  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

I will definitely be calling on Tuesday to add a few things to my order. Thank you so much for taking the time to pass on this helpful information. That is amazing customer service ;)
Oh sure, no problem! If you get an chance to send an email today as well- type URGENT- ORDER CHANGE in the subject line, that would help them find your order faster with less risk that it will ship prior to hearing from you. [email protected]

Let them know in the email what you want to add and tell them the order number, (invoice number.) Kati will pull the order and wait for your phone call or you can give her your number and she can call you.

We do not save your credit card information in our system to protect our customers. She will need to collect that information to process any additional items you want to add. Or she will give you instructions on how to make an additional paypal payment if you prefer that.

Have a great day and we'll talk to you soon!
Hugs,
~G

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2012, 05:53 AM   #27  
Gabfest Goddess

Super...thanks again!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post
Oh sure, no problem! If you get an chance to send an email today as well- type URGENT- ORDER CHANGE in the subject line, that would help them find your order faster with less risk that it will ship prior to hearing from you. [email protected]

Let them know in the email what you want to add and tell them the order number, (invoice number.) Kati will pull the order and wait for your phone call or you can give her your number and she can call you.

We do not save your credit card information in our system to protect our customers. She will need to collect that information to process any additional items you want to add. Or she will give you instructions on how to make an additional paypal payment if you prefer that.

Have a great day and we'll talk to you soon!
Hugs,
~G
Reply With Quote Likes