View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 01:58 AM   #36
gailjj
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishymom View Post
Hi Gailjj, I am a new Cameo owner, have had mine a little over a month. I have learned a lot in a short period of time, so I will try to help. What type of cardstock are you using? I have had great success with American Crafts. I also use a lot of Stampin' Up! cardstock and it took a bit of trial and error to find the right settings. For my machine, I use 7 blade depth with double cut and it cuts perfectly.

As far as the designs in the online store, printable patterns are papers you print with your printer. Print and cuts are images that you print first and then cut out with the Cameo using registration marks. Regular cuts are shapes that you cut and layer to create the design.

Also, there is a forum specifically for Silhouette users called Silhouette Plus, the ladies there are very knowledgeable and helpful!
Hi. Thanks for your rply. i am using bazzill cs. no problems cutting basic shapes but when it comes to something more intricate that is when it starts tearing the paper. Living in Aus. i don't have access to a lot of the brands that are available in the U.S. i do have SU CS so i will give that a try. i have already registered with Silhoutte Plus and having a bit of a browse now. I guess it will be all trial and error and i think i am a little 'scared' of trying out too deep a depth in case i ruin the blade. i did get a new one so i have a spare now. so with the 'regular cuts' do you have to 'ungroup' them to cut the layers? confused with all of that as well.
i have done a print and cut, but had problems with my printer only printing reg marks on normal copy paper..wouldn't print on cs. will have to look into printer settings...it is all a new learning curve but i am sure with some patient i will get there..one thing i did notice when i got my new blade was that it seems to be 'calibrated' differently to the one that came with the silhoutte. On the original the 'spine' lines up with the #2 and on the replacement i bought it lines up with the #10. Don't know it this matters or not??