View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #2177
Gabfest Goddess

Wow, canít believe I have not checked in for over a month. Since July 16th Iíve been pretty busy. As expected, moving and watching some of the Olympic coverage did detract from reading a bit. First things first. . .

JenniK: Did you get any of the Vintage Magic books yet from your library? What did you think of Beautiful Sacrifice? Will have to check out The House at Tyneford.

ClownMom: I have not heard of the Mattie Winston series, but sounds like something I might like. Iím glad you enjoyed The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. That is one of my favorite books.

LazorKay: Am glad to hear you liked I, Michael Bennett. Have not read it myself, but have heard a lot about it.

Hereís what Iíve finished since July 16. Eden Burning.

77. The Cat, the Wife and the Weapon by Leann Sweeney (cozy mystery, Cats in Trouble #4)
78. Eggs in Purgatory by Laura Childs (cozy mystery, Cackleberry Club #1)
79. Disney After Dark by Ridley Pearson (YA mystery, Kingdom Keepers #1)
80. Disney at Dawn by Ridley Pearson (YA mystery, Kingdom Keepers #2)
81. Pies and Prejudice by Ellery Adams (cozy mystery, Charmed Pie Shop #1)
82. The Restorer by Amanda Stevens (paranormal rom-suspense, Graveyard Queen #1)
83. The Kingdom by Amanda Stevens (paranormal rom-suspense, Graveyard Queen #2)
84. The Prophet by Amanda Stevens (paranormal rom-suspense, Graveyard Queen #3)

(Yes! 84 books out of a goal of 100 finished so far. *vbg*)

Absolutely loved the Amanda Stevens series and was happy to hear there will be another three books in the series. I shall be stalking her website for release dates!

Currently reading: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (Classic children's book). For some unknown reason, three of the groups in which I participate at GoodReads have chosen this as a group read some time during the past year. I wasnít planning to reread it, but then I found a copy in fairly decent condition on the $1 clearance rack at Half Price Books and figured <i>why not?</i>

I am also reading A Sand County Almanac: With Essays on Conservation From Round River by Aldo Leopold (Classic, nonfiction). I donít usually read two books at once, but the latter is a nonfiction and, Iíve found, best read in small sections in order to digest and appreciate his words.

When you follow the sheep, you end up in sheep dip.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!