View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #60
Tinkerbell1958
Pearl-ExPert

Default I had the same problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenchie View Post
Is anyone else having this problem? Well, four problems actually . . .

I thought I was going to love my new Grand Calibur but I'm disappointed with a few features . . .

1. The little lever thingy is too small. I don't want to have to fasten it to the very edge of my table but the knob is too shallow and too low to the table, that if I put it further in I need pliers just to get it unsuctioned. I feel like it's going to break.

2. The rubber matt sticks to my paper like mad! half the time my paper tears trying to get it off the matt. I've washed it with warm soapy water several times, but it just keeps sticking.

3. The rubber matt stretches and moves my papers during the embossing. This is driving me mad too. So much wasted paper. I even use post it's to help hold it in place but that's not working either.

4. I bought the GC for the sole reason of being able to cut multiple dies at once, however it seems I can only use about the center third with any kind of reliable success. That puts me back down to the CB standard plate size working space.

I'm terribly afraid that my $159 has gone to waste because I have a pretty new toy that's just not working for me and it's been cast into the shadows while my CB enjoys the light of day.

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one. *sigh*
I had a Big Shot to begin with and had it for a long time. It broke the night before I had a big workshop so I had to get something to replace it. I went to Hobby Lobby and got the Grand Calibur. I hated it, for all the reasons you have stated. I gave it away and now have my Big Shot back. I will never stray again!

My Blog
- My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!