View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 05:30 AM   #4258
brookskaren
Matboard Maniac

Default re: bagging

Carole, I do bag almost everything like FiP mentioned. However, I do not write on my toppers what is inside the bag. I stamp the toppers and often add ribbon and a simple tag so that the item is ready to give as a gift. I have had customers at the craft fairs tell me that they liked the way I packaged things so that they could just give them immediately. I do put little frames near the items that "explain/name" what the item is and the cost. This keeps me from having to put a price sticker on everything and keeps them from having to remove it later, which could damage the packaging. Most of my craft fair items are small treats for teachers or co-workers, so gift wrap is not necessary when attractively packaged, but ready to be placed on a desk or inside a stocking, etc. I have received much help and many ideas from these threads, and these particular suggestions are not my original ideas, but what works for me. I do pkg. cards in clear envelopes that are like a book jacket if the inside is stamped or decorated. If it is blank, then I just state that on a sticker on the clear envelope. I do include envelopes that match the base of the card. Be sure to include that in your pricing. People do not tend to buy the cards without envelopes. Good luck!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!