Swap Etiquette -- These are some good general guidelines that I found on SCS. I hope everyone will take these guidelines seriously so that we all make and receive wonderful swaps!
These are also good guidelines to keep in mind for your shoebox project, except that you're providing materials to make a full card rather than just a front and you won't need a "recipe".
1) Quality work -- This isn't about the quantity of layers or embellishments (please do use at least one embellishment and two layers), or whether you are new at this or not. "Quality" means straight cuts with no crooked, fuzzy edges, tears, wrinkles, etc. (unless that is part of the design), attaching your layers straight (again, unless part of your design), stamping images clearly with fully inked stamps, etc. If you make a noticeable mistake while stamping your swaps, turn the cardstock over, or cover with another layer. Last of all, quality means to use cardstock that is a nice weight not some flimsy stuff that has the feel of construction paper.
2) "Recipes" -- appreciated but not required. This means: your SCS name; your IRL name; listing the colors, stamp sets and embellishment you used; any techniques or tips you want to include. If you choose not to include a recipe, please include at least your name so we know who made your fab creation. Avery labels work great, but a plain piece of paper or your personalized stamp work just as well.
3) The only one of these swaps requiring all current Stampin' Up! products is the demo quality swap. All other swaps can use any quality stamps, cardstock, inks, etc. This is not the time to unload your cheap cardstock!
4) Would you like to receive your swap or make your shoebox project? Then it's PERFECT!
5) Swap sizes: NVR card front & DQ -- smaller than 4.25 x 5.5, please. Recipes swaps are 6x6.
Please ask any questions you might have and someone will be sure to answer. We have all made a lot of great friends getting together at these gatherings so we hope you’ll join us at this one!
Resummarizing: Layers - at least two! Dig into those embellishments, give your fellow swappers a real treat! Put those punches to work! Have fun, try something different! Show some pride and put your name on the back!!
Swapping will be interspersed throughout the day.