Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Gift for the boss?

I am in the middle of working on a project for my boss...putting together crafty gift project bags for all of the ladies in our office. It dawned on me just now that, while they are doing something great for us all at Christmas time (the only reason I know is because I am helping...otherwise, it's a secret) we have not planned anything for either of them!! Can someone help me with ideas?

My first thought was to have each person in the office give me a favorite recipe and picture of the final product and I could put together a recipe book for each of them (there are 2) from all of us. There are 27 people in the office so between all of us, we could do main courses, side dishes, deserts...that kind of thing. What do you think?

Throw some ideas out for me please...I am just not sure. Thanks!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love that idea I am assuming your bosses are women. Most would appreciate the staff's favorite recipes and the work of putting it together.

Maybe some would be willing to also bring said food item in an attractive serving container that could be part of the gift. You wouldn't want to overwhelm them, or the expense of that, times 27 however so I don't know the logistics of that idea. Just thinking as I type.

Another idea I just had is do you know each of their favorite color? If staff contributed an object in that color, to be made into a nice gift basket. They would make an attractive gift with everything in one color. Items could be a T towel, candle, serviettes, post it notes... oh the list could be endless.

(I like doing gift baskets, maybe that's why that came to mind.) Let's hear some other ideas
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about a perpetual cookie-sheet calendar? They could take it home or hang it in the office? Or one of those dry erase boards made from a picture frame? Those were the two "office appropriate" ideas that came to mind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Gift baskets are fun! No clue about colors though...and they are both very different from eachother. I suppose that is what makes them a good team The cookie sheet calendar I love! That could work. I know how one of their houses is decorated but not the other. Not too hard to find that kind of thing out though...

I have a post in the ISO section for the Viola stamp set which I think would be perfect for a cook book but just in case I can't find one, I am going to have to come up with a plan B. I am going to think on the ideas y'all posted thanks for the input!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2012, 02:24 AM   #5  
Inking Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless you are familiar with their decor I would avoid anything they might feel obligated to display - I know I don't have much extra space (mostly taken up by cabinets) in my kitchen. I think the recipe book is a great idea especially if you focus on recipes that are quick & easy to fix on busy work days. I also like "cardmaker"s idea of each person contributing something beyond the recipe - maybe a potluck with the recipes contributed if you have a day you celebrate the holidays at work. It could be something on the order of a kitchen bridal shower someone had for me back in the dark ages when I was married. Everyone brought a recipe and something that was used to make it. It could be an ingredient, a utensil, a baking dish or serving dish. The guests were my elderly aunts and everyone brought what they could afford - which made it nice. I treasure those recipes in my aunts' handwriting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2012, 03:42 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

If you do the cookbook idea, have each person add a little story (where it came from, why it's a favorite, etc.) about each recipe to personalize it. We've done that with a fund raising cookbook we put together. Some people bought it as much for the sweet and funny stories as for the recipes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2012, 03:46 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Oh how I wish we had the space for a potluck here in our office!!! We are hard pressed to find counter space when people bring in veggies at harvest time! Although....we might be able to get away with bringing something in each day of the month, that might work. And then at the end of the month, they would get the recipe books with all of the recipes? That is a good idea! Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2012, 04:03 AM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Hi, Love all the suggestions. Have you thought of the food preferences of each recipient? Do they love old fashioned home cooking, mexican or maybe a very sweet tooth. You could have a feastive book with Christmas ideas, or a book with chocolate recipes. After all chocolate is purely medicinal and very good for your health. Just thinking as I type here. Another good idea is leave a few blank pages that they could use to write their own favourites in. I gave my sister a house warming present recently and had our family and her friends write in favourite recipes that she usually loves to eat when she visits them. She's single and really appreciated the effort. Her book still comes out when my husband excells with a new recipe so she can record it for posterity. Hope this helps. Ciao, Meg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2012, 07:42 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

A gift basket is always a nice idea. How about a theme-based one with some had-made cards, note pad, pen, dish towel, snack, drink etc. For example: for the wine lover, a bottle of wine, cards with grapes, wine bottles/glasses, chocolates/cheese/bread, wine related napkins, a couple of nice plastic wine glasses. (This could be put in a picnic basket) For a gardner: flower/herb related cards, packets of seeds or small plant sets, gardening journal, power bars, herbed oil/vinegar, a pretty vase, trowel or other handy tool. (This could be put in a gardening basket or even a watering can) Just a couple ideas, but it would work for many themes. Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

I am a lover of potlucks at the office for the holidays! Always a good reason to get together and share some time and not have to talk "business". I think that the recipie book is a wonderful idea, and just to sound off from what cardmaker2 said - why not do a potluck at the holiday and the ladies could bring in the dish of the recipie that they shared? That way it is a win, win situation and maybe the ladies could also swap recipies with each other.

Just a thought...
Reply With Quote Likes