View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #22
Phototaker
Embossing Fanatic

We no longer have a Big Lots in our town, but I did get tons of stuff from there years ago, including decorative paper. Now I go to liquidator stores in other towns and can find a lot of things there. Remember the tape that had square holes? I bought what I think was called Hardware Tape (used for patching walls I think). It has adhesive on the back and can be colored with ink. Also found plastic gloves very cheap at places like Harbor Freight. And yes, I too found the metal stamps at Harbor Freight to mark my initials on my stamps when I stamp with friends. Thanks for the idea of using the painter's tape. I think the green comes off even better than the blue. Will try it and see. You can also buy doilies cheaply at the dollar stores. Envelopes from Office Max. Bic Mark It permanent markers from Walmart. A good substitute for Copics and not as expensive. My hubby made a press for me to use with the older large punches. Scrap metal and a piece of wood. Cork from Fleet Farm comes in a roll. Thin and stamps show up beautifully on it for a masculine card. Side cutters are available at hardware stores and not expensive. You can cut the backs off of buttons with it, which is why I bought it. Fish line for cards with fish on. Available at lots of places. Big spool for a little money. Also got round containers that screw together for eyelets, etc. at Fleet Farm--maybe in the fishing department? LOVE going to men's malls with hubby now that I can shop for MY stuff there!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!