View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #65
MamaAce
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via AIM to MamaAce Send a message via Skype™ to MamaAce
Talking Flocking good time!!!

Ok so I decided to use flock on my birthday card which is a neat technique but turned into much more of a project than I was anticipating! I already owned some purple flock that I had picked up on clearance at an expo many years ago and never used, as well as the white flock from SU!. That being said I decided to use purple for my image. And green, I was just going to use the white. Well as I was testing my project I determined that there was going to need to be some dimentionals used and cutting would be involved. I also decided that I needed green flock!! I went to a large craft store thinking they have everything else they should have flock. I found micro beads, more glitter than I have seen in awhile. PearlEx and embossing powders, but no flock. So I went to find an employee to ask, walked all the way around the store to look for someone and found no one. I had to wait in line at the only cash register open to ask the clerk. When I asked if they carried flock she gave me this blank stare and said what? Flock it's an embellishment you put on projects (have you ever tried to describe what flock is?) I said it kind of makes things fuzzy, it's very small fibers you stick in glue. Oh she says, gets on the radio and asks for flock, had to repeat herself several times and while I could tell the person on the other line didn't have a clue either they sent me right back to where I knew it wasn't. So I am thinking what kind of a craft store doesn't have flock?!?! And how can you work in a craft store and not know what it is?!?!?!! So then I decide to call a smaller stamping and scrapbook store to see if they have what I am looking for. I found out they had multiple colors!! So I go there and walk in and say, "Flock please!" The clerk said, "Excuse me?" "I am looking for flock." "Oh you're the flock lady!" "Yep that's me, the flock lady!" So I guess I am now known as The Flock Lady!!! LOL Who knew a simple birthday card would turn into such an adventure!!! By the way I got green and yellow and when I got home I realized they were the Packers colors!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!