Thread: AOCC12 - August
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 06:00 AM   #69
yellowrose46
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Goodness was it time for Stephanie and her family to visit already? Can't wait to hear about it. I hope someone took pics!
We had a wonderful time! They were only at my place for three days, but I think they got lots accomplished! I picked them up at Stephanie's brother's house in Toronto on Thursday evening, on Friday morning we went off to Kortright Waterfowl Park, which Stephanie had been to when she attended university in Guelph. After looking for a long time, we decided it was no longer open for visitors, and we took a walk in the woods beside the perimeter. Got back to the car just before the downpour! To make up for the 'no visit' we went off in search of the birds of prey sanctuary and had a wonderful time looking at the owls, hawks, falcons and kestrils. Then went out for a late lunch. I had volunteered to help with parking at our local Scottish Festival from 4-8 p.m. so I gave my car to them for that time. I forgot that Aussies drive on the opposite side of the road from us and apparently S's DH started out driving on the wrong side, but he corrected that soon enough! They came to the Scottish Festival (used to be called the Fergus Highland Games) later and we listened to the marching bands playing, but got caught in a downpour. The entertainment continued in the rain so we stayed.
Saturday, we went to the outdoor Farmer's Market. They stayed in that area to go for a horse drawn buggy ride through the maple sugar bush, and do some outlet mall shopping and also visit St. Jacobs (a Mennonite town) while I went to a family reunion (a two hour drive away). On Sunday, after church, we went to Elora Gorge Park for a hike and saw lots of people tubing down the river. Then they packed up and I drove them back to Toronto. Boy was my house ever lonesome and quiet the next day! I just enjoyed their visit so much!
I did take photos, but I did not format them for uploading to computer and I have slow dial up connection, so I can't upload them. I'll have to get them developed and scan them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!