View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 05:07 AM   #12
texasgal1939
Glitter Queen

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaine View Post
I don't have a side cutter - don't even know what that is!! But often I have wished for the screw brads to be thinner - to be more mail-friendly. I've also often wished that veneers (like for countertops or tabletops) would come in fun patterns or designs (like patterned paper!) instead of just boring wood patterns.

I can't think of any other unconventional stores, but also in the home improvement stores, I also like looking at their wallpaper and wallpaper borders and wondering how those designs would look on cards. And their brown (kraft-coloured?) paper, that comes in huge rolls that painters use to cover the floor... and string. I guess the paper and string would come in more handy for Christmas wrapping (another love of mine) more than for cards. And blue painters tape for masking - just stamp on the back and cut around it - it peels off paper soooo easily.
I did get several wallpaper books from my hardware store and have made some beautiful cards. I use the wallpaper for mostly backgrounds, but also love the beautiful tone on tone for cards. And the book of white paper with all sorts of designs is sooo beautiful. Sure gets your creative juices going.

Last edited by texasgal1939; 08-22-2012 at 05:08 AM.. Reason: spelling
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!