View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #263
missiowa81
Vintage Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wench67 View Post
Oooh, sounds exciting
Don't it though? LOL

Actually it wasn't so bad. We bought a mattress pad at the first place we stopped (Target), so we didn't have to go to Kohl's or to Younkers (department store at the mall). But we were on the other side of town and we knew Mr. Wig would be at home watching the Nascar race, so it's like, "Now what do we do?"

So we went to the nursery on that side of town to see if we could figure out the name of a new plant that my mom got while on their trip. That's kind of hard to do when you don't have the plant or at least a leaf with you. But based on the description one of the gals inside gave us a lead and since we've been home I got on the web and found it. FYI--it's a Bolivian Jew.

After the nursery we went to this cute place called Farmer's Daughter's Market. They sell fresh produce that they grow themselves, they have a little cafe, and they also sell all kinds of "farmer's market stuff", new and old. New things like handmade soaps, Amish (local) jams, mixes for breads, dips, brownies, garden decorations made out of scrap metal, etc. And they also have a few antiques (small things) and just miscellaneous "stuff." Mom found a small wooden stool (looks homemade, painted white) to set her new plant on outside, and we bought 6 ears of sweet corn for dinner. I've already cleaned it and it looks really yummy. Their tomatoes were about the size of softballs. She had fresh garlic for sale. Just a cute, fun place to wander around in.

P.S. Next time I go I need to take my camera. They have a website but it has NO pictures.

Last edited by missiowa81; 08-19-2012 at 12:23 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!