View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #168
DianeCraft
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyscrapmom View Post
1) I find that taking pics in natural light works best. I take pics with flash and no flash but usually the no-flash ones are best because they aren't so washed out. 2) I also use a contrasting color for my background. Usually 2 pieces of white or black card stock will do the trick - one stands upright and the other is on the table flat. 3) Shoot your pics in MACRO setting which is the little tulip usually. It allows you to take your pics close up and they are still very clear. I've just started doing these things and I've been getting so much better pics! But I hate when I finish a project at night and want to get it on my blog...I have to learn to be patient!

As for sharing your pics in advance I find it helps build excitement in what you have to offer - whether it's an upcoming class/workshop or a vendor fair.

Good luck!
Yes. Natural light is best and I use the same settings you recommend. Lately, I have been bringing the items out onto my porch once the direct sunlight is not there. The direct sun is too bright but diffused sunlight is good.

I am also impatient! I finidh an item at night, and want to take pics right away, but have to wait for the right lighting outside. Then, you have to upload them to the computer before upoading them to your web page. Now I know why bigger companies pay people devoted to do this kind of stuff!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!