View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #97
wendella247
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeddmm View Post
We hadn't gotten around to thinking about that yet. We want to see how he does once we get him home. He's a totally different puppy once you take him out of the shelter...inside he whines and yips and jumps all over but outside he's really calm and quiet. Every time you pick him up, he's real quiet and calm also. He already knows sit and stay and walks pretty good on a leash so I think if DGS works with him every day he should be good. My parents raised show dogs when I was growing up and I was a "Junior" handler, so I'll do a little research to refresh some memories and see what we can do with him...if not, I'll look into classes.

This local shelter is one of 50 from around the country that is entered in Rachel Ray's challenge to see how many lives they can save from Aug 1-Oct 31 in order to win a large sum of money for the shelter..so we've helped in that respect too. Rufus was #63 on 8/16!
It's nice that DGS knows he helped! I guess you know about the obedience thing if you worked with show dogs. It sounds like your DGS is going to do fine. Good luck with everything, Terry!

--------
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!