View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #25
sc magnolia
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I've been stamping for over 20 years and have lots of ink pads from many different companies.

I use Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol for blending - a lot! so I've tried many brands of black dye inks to find one that won't smear on the fine grain paper that I use with Prismas. I found that Mementos works the best for that. I have a few colors of Distress inks that I like to use with water on a non-stick craft mat. The backgrounds are sooo pretty.

Last year I fell completely in love with Stampin' Up's card stock colors and the thickness of the paper. Then this spring I used some of their new stamp pads at a friend's house and was hooked. I LOVE LOVE the way the inks and paper colors match. At first I didn't think all that matchiness was necessary, I thought a couple different shades of green complimented each other just fine. After spending a couple days at my friend's house I found how beautiful it was to create cards with inks and papers that were the same colors... and the ribbons match too. I now have several Stampin Up ink pads and I'm sold. The pads are similar to the construction of Ancient Page which I'd always loved. The colors are sooo yummy! I became such a believer in their products and customer service that I became an SU demonstrator.
My SU Website~Carole Parsons
Stamping Blog
Faith Blog

Last edited by Jeanne S; 08-17-2012 at 10:10 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!