View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #18
Bebo
Compulsive Stamper

Location: In my dream house with my dream man and our two hairy friends
Default Dye ink with re-inkers

I use SU Classic (dye-based) inks for all my stamping. I have all the colors and reinkers to match. I never buy an ink pad without buying the re-inker to match.I, too, like that you can match them to all their papers, markers, embellishments, etc. I've found that the color range of SU inks work with most other companies products (with very few exceptions). The old pads work just fine but I will slowly replace them with the new ones because they are so much better for fine detail stamping. I like the cover for two reasons: you can "mash" the center to get a pool of ink in the lid for water-coloring and, with them closed, they keep the ink on top of the ink pad so that it is ready to use all the time and re-inking is not needed as often as other pads. For black, I always use StazOn and this also works well for water-coloring with markers and any other technique that calls for moisture-proof outlines. If I want the black to blend/bleed (like a white image with gray shadowing) I use SU Classic. I have a few Copics but I get the coloring results I want with SU markers and an aqua painter or blender pen so I don't have any experience using them with the inks I have.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!