View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #1758
raquelita_uno
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaine View Post
Oh dear! Although I know what Romney looks like, I would be hard-pressed to say what anyone else looks like. I know their names, but not their faces. I would probably not even recognize Romney if he was shown "out of context" - with no campaign signs or crowds around him or anything etc. I've got my early ballot here and I do not know what a single one of the local candidates look like!
I had the opportunity to meet a local candidate this past week who was going door to door to introduce himself. Seems like a nice guy and he was in favor of an issue important to me (paying back the schools that the legislature "borrowed" from to balance the budget) but unfortunately I'm turning into a single issue voter and I really hate it! This particular canditate planned to vote against gay marriage in our state this year and is against reproductive choice. (I won't use the term pro-life or anti-abortion because everyone I know is pro-life and would rather there be fewer abortions). I absolutely can not support anyone who puts their religious beliefs ahead of everyone else's rights. Perhaps someone would say I am putting my beliefs ahead of everyone else also, but at least my beliefs don't force anyone to do something or forbid them either.

As my best friend says, "Stamping....it's cheaper than therapy" to which I add, "Not by much".

My mom was the proud recipient of my first handmade card. Cost $200.

~My Gallery~
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!