Thread: misting -
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 05:10 AM   #16
Diana stamps
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkiemonstermom View Post
I think you have great advice. I recently tried an experiment using shimmer paint from Stampin' Up with alcohol and reinker and using perfect pearls, water and reinker. I found that the water buckled my paper the most. The alcohol buckled but not as badly and seemed to lay flatter when it fully dried. I was heavy with the misting for this test because that is what I was trying to determine. Everyone recommends using 70% rubbing alcohol with it, I only had 90% so that is what I used, it clogged my sprayer more and I have never clogged a sprayer so I think that is why everyone uses 70%, I think it evaporates to quickly at 90%. I hope that makes sense. But I wasn't really testing 70% vs 90%, I was testing the water vs alcohol. I think I will be using the alcohol and shimmer paint for now on.
I have used tattered angels misters before, they seem to really buckle! Other brands not so bad so it is a trial and error thing!
Tried the shimmer paint from stampinup with alcohol and it also clogged. Then I added a little water and it didn't clog and seemed to mist more evenly.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!