View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #16
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanne3579 View Post
I have given away all my Adirondacks, Distress and other odds and ends to Newbies in our stamping group. I loved the colors and thy worked fine, but since I totally love SU card stock and also love things to match/coordinate, I found I didn't use them much and always use the SU pads, inks, markers. However since they have changed the formula, I will no longer purchase any new paper or colors. I'm tired of adjusting to "new improved" products that don't works as well for me as the tried and true. (Case in point, the flip lid on the pads that are a pain in the neck and sink in the center almost from the get-go.) For black ink that so far has worked for me in every situation-except for embossing, (even on acetate and non-porous surfaces better than Staz-on) is Memories Black. That being said, I don't use Copics and don't plan to as I find "watercoloring" with reinkers and blending with standard markers works well for me in the limited amounts I do. So I can't speak to the color matching or compatibility of those. I have found it almost freeing to have limited my choices and plan to do it with other materials as well. Good luck in your search. I agree with you about SCS being the absolute best!!!
I gave away all my ink pads too and now only have SU. I like SU's color palette. That is my only reason for using SU. Oh, I do like the size of the ink pads too. I have all the flip top ink pads from SU. I bought them all used for a good price. I don't want to upgrade.

I make my own Distress, pigment and chalk inks.

Black Inks- I use Tsukineko Versafine Onyx Black for my line art.

Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black for my alcohol inks. I don't like it though. I think the color is an off gray. A personal pet peeve. The ink pad is excellent though and well made. I wish they had a deeper black.

Staz-On Black for my stamping that is not for paper like acetate.

Tsukineko Brilliance Graphite Black for vellum stamping.

I also love the Studio G inks. The only problem with Studio G are no refills. I make my own batches of reinkers and refill the ink pads.

I mainly use my brush tip markers to color my stamps. I also paint with my reinkers. I am not a big alcohol marker user. I mainly use my markers for illustration work and not stamping.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!