View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #201
ApocalipsisR
Lil' RAD Taquito

Quote:
Originally Posted by missiowa81 View Post
After dinner I went out to the garden to see if there were any tomatoes to pick (there were!). After I picked the tomatoes I decided I better give the garden a little drink. While I was doing that, the T&O neighbors came home. They were getting out of their car as I was carrying a bucket of water out to the garden.

I couldn't believe it, but the dad (who can barely walk), practically chased me down to ask me, "Do you know who bought the house the across the street?" I'm like, "No, I don't." (I mean, really, how would I know? I just noticed when I got home from D.C. that there was a "sale pending" sign added to the realtor's sign in the front yard; that was two weeks ago and it still says sale pending.)

Anyway, what he really meant was that HE knew and wanted to tell me.
You could tell he just couldn't wait to tell me that "So-and-so's son bought it." I just kind of shrugged my shoulders. He acted all incredulous, "Don't you remember So-and-So that lived across the street? His son bought the house." I just kept walking and said, "Whatever."

You know how gossips get such a thrill out of being the ones to spread a story around.
It is very interesting to see what people will do to feed their vice