View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 05:08 AM   #13
Angelnorth
Gabfest Goddess

I'd vote for Versafine too - it works well with the Kinkade stamps, which means it will work well with just about any level of detail a stamp might have! I have Onyx Black and Vintage Sepia in the full size pads and the other colours in the little cubes - it's a really long lasting ink with great coverage so the little pads are perfect for the colours you won't use as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaine View Post
Now I would like to try Versafine. I read that you can watercolour over it, and that it is an oil-based pigment ink.
Oozak.com | VersaFine | TSUKINEKO | Pads & Inkers
Will it work with Copics??
I mean, it also says I can "marker over" it, but is that water-based markers AND alcohol-based markers??
It's great for watercolouring Sophie and it works beautifully with the Crafty Secrets stamps I know you love. It's really not great for Copics though. If you're really careful and use a light touch without going right up to the stamped lines you can just about get away with it but that's too much hassle for me, I want to enjoy my colouring rather than being twitchy about where the lines are all the time! The solvent-based marker ink is basically going to attack the oil-based stamping ink and you risk transfer to your marker nibs.

My blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!