View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
tryingtofindtime
Hardware Hotshot

Default postal: Christmas Card Kit Swap ~ 3+1 ~ Due October 13th

This swap is for Christmas Card kits. Card kits are a great way to use new products you don't have, play with images you might not have seen before, or just find a new combo of colors/items YOU may not have put together for your self. I LOVE card kits...they are wonderful. They are a great grab and go item to take to a crop, or put together a card in a pinch. If you've never done a card kit swap I encourage you to get your feet wet and come play with us. But be warned...you'll be swimming in the deep end in no time at all...they are very addicting!!

For this round of the swap I'm going to have different Categories of Kits. Please let me know which group you want. Something in your kit must be from that category...example....the Santa Group. Your image can be santa, your paper can be santa, your embellishments can be santa. Basically your kit must have a santa theme. You can take as many spots as you want and any or all categories. If I do not have enough people in one group to swap out so nobody gets their own back, I will combine groups...so please be aware of this when you sign up...I don't want anyone disapointed or suprised. Next round I'll mixed things up a bit...

Lastly...and MOST IMPORTANT...have fun!!

Now for the rest of the details:

Card Kits should include (at minimum) the following:

1. 4 to 6 images on 1/4 sheets of white cs with Copic black (Memento, Adirondack) inks or Waterproof black (Versafine, Pallette Noir); not colored in. Label your kits with ink type, please. Images must be perfectly stamped (no smudges or faded areas) and only stamped on one side of the cardstock please. You can either send all the same image or 2 different ones.
2. Four 6”x6” sheets of coordinating designer/patterned papers.
3. Twelve inches of ribbon, trim, cording or other ‘fiber’.
4. Six to Eight coordinating embellishments (brads, buttons, primas, gems, etc).
5. Optional additions include, punched shapes, coordinating sentiments, handmade charms, dry embossed cardstock, pictures of sample cards (from kit contents), card sketches, or anything else you can think of.

Quantity: 3+1 -You will not get one of your own back. the +1 is for me. (thank you very much)

Vendor Products: Any stamp from any company, but PLEASE use very good quality cardstock (PTI/Gina K/SU), No vendor restrictions on embellishments - Designer papers are encouraged. Please use Memento ink (or other copic friendly ink)

Due Date: Saturday, October 13, 2012 - I will mail them as soon as I receive all swaps! If I receive the swaps early, I will send them out early. Please post in the thread or send me a PM when your cards are postal.

Mailing instructions: Place swap cards kits in a large baggie for waterproof purposes. Write your real name, SCS name and swap name on a piece of paper or the baggie for identification purposes.

Swap Return: Please include self-addressed stamped envelope. The amount of postage on your SASE should be the same amount used to mail to hostess. Please include 2 additional stamps to insure enough postage to return swaps. Additional postage will be returned if not used. PLEASE SEND ONLY POSTAGE STAMPS, NO DATED STAMPS OR METERED MAIL--My Post Office will not take them. If you would rather use Priority mail, please include one $5.15 priority stamp and a self-addressed priority label. I will provide priority envelope. If you are mailing from outside the US, please include $5 US (or more for mutiple spots) to cover return postage, and I will return whatever is left to you.

OK--this is how you can win some prizes in your return envie:
1-- anyone who takes 3 or more spots
2-- additional prize for anyone who takes every category
3-- see post 51

Please post or PM me with any questions.

Please mail swaps to:
Kristyn Coppock
Christmas Card Kit Swap
1009 Magnolia St
Lafayette, GA 30728

Last edited by tryingtofindtime; 10-18-2012 at 03:46 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!