View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #4
Angelnorth
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjensen602 View Post
Versafine is a beautiful ink for detailed stamps..nice clear black image...I think it has to be dried for copic use and watercolor.
I've never had any luck at all with Versafine and Copics, no matter how dry it is it smears. Versafine is an oil-based ink and is my favourite for everything that I'm not going to colour with Copics. Because it's oil-based it's an excellent choice if you're going to watercolour. The one drawback with Versafine is that only the Onyx Black and Vintage Sepia are available as reinkers. Mind you, it's extremely long-lasting and I haven't needed to reink even my black pad so far and I use it a lot!

For dye-based ink I love the Adirondack line by Ranger. Fantastic range of colours, stamps well, sponges well, brayers well, I can use it with Copics and pencils/OMS. Reinkers are available for all the Adirondack colours.

I'm also a fan of Distress ink because it is so useful as a colouring medium as well as for stamping, sponging and brayering (it won't ever break down into its consitutent colours like some dye inks will when you add water).

My blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!