View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #62
tryingtofindtime
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac007 View Post
I just finished my first spot with lots time to spare so may I please have a 2nd spot. thanks much I love recipe cards I have albums going as Christmas gifts they are looking awesome! I put them in baskets with spices and pot holders and misc gadget and they make great gifts for not a lot of investment. of course baskets are done up like easter with ribbons and shinny wrap but the items inside get individually wrapped so even though they can see they still really can't see!!!!! drives them nuts just quessing.

each year I do a differnet room theme of the home. last year I did bathroom. The grand kids love them and the young folks as well! For guy/male ones the baskets are centered around grilling this year. while the regular kitchen ones are spice up life! lots spices and couple cute gadgets. then recipe books. for about $5 to $7, I create a pretty nice basket. I buy stuff at target in that dollar section as they go to 1/2 off at change of each season!

I always have some paper crafted items like the bath had recipe book on soaps and candles and bath salts and how to make more! added vials of fragrance with bath mitts and spongy nets, etc was big hit. much less expense and had more in them than a store bought version. I handmade labels on the products and made the candle votive plus couple floating candles at dollar store I found relaxation cd's for $1 added that and again individaully wrapped then wrapped basket as whole made gift label or card and added ribbon.

this year for the children I did bedrooms and using their colors or interests did name banners and some other items. still working on those for girls it has jewerly I made and hair bows also. I made those explosion boxes for each with themes. and a little sweet treat will be inside each explosion box. got that idea from online!
yes. I will put you down for a 2nd spot.

what a neat idea...I'll have to think about doing something like that for next year.