View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #22
buggainok
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanie View Post
So glad I ran across this thread. In the interest of saving space, I am considering getting rid of some of my bulky Marvy punches and just using my Nestabilities. My main question is do you just use regular scotch tape, or do you use something less "tacky"? And on the dies that are open, (and narrow like nesties) where do you tape it? All the way across, or just one side, or what? I don't want my dies to get all gunked up with tape residue. I haven't really used them for cutting out stamped images, just for layering shapes, but I'm thinking I might like to try.
Thanks for any advice!!
When I use the Nestabilities to cut a stamped image, I don't usually tape it down. I just put my cardstock with the image facing up and place the Nestie where I want it so the image is centered. Then I CAREFULLY place the other plate on top and run it through my Cuttlebug, holding the Nestie in place with the top plate while I get it situated in my Bug.

It's not as hard as it sounds. The Nestie doesn't move around if you are careful to keep it level as you place it in your machine.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!