Thread: ATG questions
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #216
buggainok
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
I've only read back this one page, so I wondered if someone could tell me how well this tape holds? I watched youtube tutorials on loading and it seems simple and I think I can handle the size. I just want to make sure I am not buying one more tape gun that doesn't hold well. I bought the Xyron Mega Runner, and that does hold, but I can't seem to find refills in the craft stores. I know a shop that has them, but it's a 45 minute trip to go get one! I have a Michaels and an ACMoore within 15-20 minutes and I don't shop online, so I don't have many choices.
My experience has been that the ATG tape holds very well on cards, layers, mats, etc. Be sure to "burnish" when you place it down. Don't just slap it on there.

For things like boxes or other 3-d items made with cardstock, where there will be some tension at the attaching point, I still think Score Tape holds better, and sometimes I use glue dots on things like that.

I've used the ATG gun to make tons of altered composition books, including the ribbon along the seam on the front, and they have held up very well, too.

I still use my Tombow Mono-Multi (green and white bottle) for attaching smaller or intricate pieces to my cards though.

I order my tape refills online from Tape Depots ebay store, and get a pretty good deal on it. I buy 12 at a time, and go through them quicker than you would think. I make a lot of stuff!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!