View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 04:55 AM   #260
Jmaraul
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldthoney79 View Post
Sooo... whats my responsibility if someone says the cards I swapped out and sent back were never received?? Should I be using delivery confirmation?? Thanks
I think, as a hostess, that the most important part is making sure the package is packed correctly and has sufficient postage to ensure its safe arrival to the swapping destination. I generally don't use DC myself, and have not had this problem. I DO substitute packaging when necessary to ensure a safe return. For example, if someone sends a regular sized letter envelope and the return items are bulky in nature, I will use a padded envelope/ larger envelope or box and switch their included postage to whatever will get the package returned safely. I have found that most "postal issues" (the machine ate my package) are caused by poor packaging.

I also will double check the addresses. Sloppy handwriting and labels that are falling off often lead to postal issues. Clear packing tape over the mailing information will go a long way in avoiding mishandled mail. As a hostess, it is our responsibility to make those changes to ensure a happy outcome.

If you feel like there might be an issue, contact the swapper on the receiving end and ask if they would like to cover the cost of DC. You may also make that a requirement of your swap when you write it up, if you choose.

As for what else you should do - if you want to send a second set of cards, you may if you choose, but you are not required to do so. It is a nice gesture however, and usually goes a long way to ensure the swapper will join your next swap, when it's posted.

---------
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!