View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #20
stampinspy
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelrose View Post
Interesting method of making the negative template. I wonder if you could do the same with acetate - then you could keep the template forever. I think it would be easier to lay the negative over the image and drop in the die, rather than making the pencil marks around the positive template and then getting the die aligned with it.

Neither of these tips works, however, if you are using the kind of "ganged" closed back dies that, say, Papertrey sells. You know, where three dies are stuck together on piece of metal. Nichole Heady of PTI recommends stamping after cutting by making a sharpie mark both on your die and the back of your stamp that you can use to orient stamp and die correctly but I've never been able to do it. She makes it look so easy and reasonable on the video but I am flummoxed by it, so maybe it's just some personal brain glitz. I also don't always find it easy to stamp centered on a blank die cut, even if I've dotto-ed it down to a dark cardstock for maximum contrast. And worn my optivisors. The only thing I can do for those dies is use a stamp positioner. Also not a perfect method, especially if the die cut is biggish and awkward to hold and maneuver with one hand while you hold the positioner with the other.

Good thing the charm of stamping is in it's little imperfections.
Lol, Rachelrose! Isn't that the truth! She does make it look so easy, and it seems like it should be with clear stamps, but there's that little bit of distortion through the acrylic, the glare of the reflected light, the eyes that aren't as good as they used to be...must be because she's much younger than I am! My stamping is quite "charming"!

"Do not regret growing older...it is a privilege denied to many."

My Gallery
Capricious Creations

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!