View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #443
RiverIsis
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa May View Post
Rudeness and discourtesy are never right. A company may set whatever policies they want, but it is how they treat people that defines their customer service (or lack thereof) IMO. And I don't care how successful or how big a company is, if they don't treat customers/people with respect, they aren't doing it right.
__________________________________________________ __
Of course this is correct in the large scheme of things. And we can be morally outraged as much as we like. But how, with years of poor customer service and product failures, are they still in business if something they're doing isn't good for business? Is it the popularity of their products that carries them? Is it the quality of their artists, especially Betsy Veldman? or are they capitalized 50 years out? I'm sincerely wondering how they do it.
I think it is a really relevant consideration. I have wondered that myself. How can a company treat their customers this way over defective products and still be in business in this economy? I have a PTI designs wishlist longer than a football field but I have never taken the leap. I had issues with another company (that finally got resolved very satisfactorily) and that left a sour taste for me. Even put me off using the product which I had purchased, so I wouldn't even contemplate starting the process with a company with such known issues.

What concerns me is how many people can take the use of the products we already have as a mark of endorsement. There are multiple very well known blogs that use PTI that still give them a positive face to any would be purchaser. TBH if I didn't belong to SCS I would never have known about the ongoing issue. One of the blogs I follow mentioned it in the spring and then still gushes over their product. I have no issue with anyone using their purchased products (I still have plenty of Provocraft) however, I do think there needs to be an ongoing honesty with the reader that is probably uncomfortable for most bloggers to broach.

Last edited by RiverIsis; 08-08-2012 at 06:22 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!