View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #523
stamptician
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Thanks for the compliment Kathi! So happy you are here with us!! All of us have a lot to learn and I speak for myself the most!

Not sure of any book or website for building a blog. When I did it I just went to blogger and started building it. The best thing is just dig in and get your hands dirty. Don't be afraid to mess anything up. It is all correctable. If I wasn't sure of something or didn't understand a term I would "google" it and find out what I needed to do. I created my own header at the top a few years ago. I would probably like to change it in the near future but I haven't taken the time to do it. I took a picture of the things I wanted to showcase for crafting and sized my pic up so it could fit for the header. Then just added it to blogger.

My best suggestion is just start it and see where it takes you. If you get hung up you can always post a question on this forum or even this thread and someone from SCS will be more than like happy to assist you.

Good luck with it!!
Well said Dell! You just have to jump in there. My first blog is still out there in cyber space somewhere and well, in pails in comparison to this one. I've come a long ways since then and I've shifted my focus from scrapbooking to card-making. I never played in any challenges before either. I also wasn't on any design teams. Being on design teams and participating in challenges has given me something to "blog" about. On my old blog, I shared more about my personal life and it was a culmination of so many things. I wanted this one to be strictly about paper-crafting. That doesn't mean I want add some personal content here and there but, it's clear that my passion is about paper-crafting. Like Dell said, there is nothing that can't be undone. So take some chances and ask questions. Have fun!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!