Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabeepianolovin View Post
Okay. I got the thin metal adapter...

Does the sandwhich for a CUTTLEBUG using it go:

A
B
Paper
Die
Metal Plate (against negative side of die)
C

Because I tried that with my fancy flourish die and it did better but STILL didn't cut all the way through my cardstock.

I'm sure you are all going to tell me to chuck the Cuttlebug, but I don't have the funds to do that and probably won't for quite awhile...so I really really really need to make this work! I love my MFT dies and want to be able to use them. I hate not using them right now.

Can anyone help?
Sounds right to me. Make sure the blade side of the die is pointing away from the metal plate. (flat side of die directly on metal plate). Looks like you cut with the blade up. I always did it down. I know the die cutting machine suggests the other way but I never liked doing it that way.

How old is your CB? Those things get looser over time and CB has low pressure to begins with (compared to the other machines).

I would suggest:

ONLY cutting that one die-cut at once (doing more than one at one time reduces the pressure per inch)

adding a piece of card stock along with the metal shim, but if it feels too tight, don't roll it through. I'm afraid you'll "over-shim" and bust your machine.

I'm not sure what to suggest aside from replacing your machine, which you have said is not an option right now. Maybe ask Santa for a Big Shot or Vagabond for Christmas?

You shouldn't have problems with the less intricate dies and your CB (with the metal plate). I know that the intricate ones are the hardest for the CB to handle, although the metal adapter plate seems to solve that problem for everyone who has ever had a problem. I am so sorry it didn't work for you. I'm thinking it's your machine. ???
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!