View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 06:50 AM   #4171
mrussom
Pearl-ExPert

So I had a minor crafting disaster this weekend. I was crafting all weekend, avoiding house cleaning. I got coasters done, trivets, more tile magnets, and figured out a couple of tags I will make for sales.

So I got my trivets done, used some cute designer paper, did two 'kitchen' looking and two 'Christmas' looking. Mod Podges the paper on, sealed it with it too. Decided to spray seal on top of that.

Got out my 'spray sealer' read the can three times, sprayed, noticed it was kind of white but didn't really think much about it. Then realized (after it dried) that I used white spray paint that had a sealer in it. I guess I just read sealer and thought I was all done.

So I had to use a bit of mineral spirits to get the paint off and it worked. At least I didn't ruin the tiles. I do this all the time, get really crafting and stop paying attention to the details of things.

I actually kind of liked the white affect on the tiles, but it was too white. Had I not sprayed it over and over and over again, it probably woudl have worked with the white on!

Oh well, it all worked out in the end I guess.

Mary

MY GALLERY
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!