View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #11
neece
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaobrien View Post
...I also recently purchased 5x8 binders that were on sale at Staples last week. Going to get started on something. Any ideas on unmounting 300+ wood mounted stamp sets? :/
So many great ideas in this thread! I'm subbing because I love it!

Lisa, I have been there, not so much in numbers, but it was still quite overwhelming for me. I want to encourage you to start working toward your goal, even if you just do a little bit at a time. In hindsight, I wish I had gone through my stamp sets first, sorting and grouping them into categories, and then working with the categories as I unmounted them. I felt it would have been easier to index and categorize them into my new storage system.

But before you start unmounting, make your index sheets by copying, stamping, or whatever you choose to do for that. And by the way, if you want to keep them in sets that is what you should do! Half the battle of organizing is finding a system that makes sense to you and utilizing it. But my point is, if after you categorized them, you then unmounted 10 sets a day for 30 days you would be finished. I'm sure you cannot go at it at that pace, but whatever time you have available, work a little bit and go from there. You will eventually get done if you work at it steady.

I know how overwhelming it can be to be staring at those wood mounted stamps, wanting them unmounted so badly but knowing how much work it is. I don't have near the number of sets you do, but it was definitely a daunting task to get them all unmounted and organized into categories. I just kept plugging away at it until the task was complete. I encourage you not to see it as a huge pile of stamps, but rather as smaller, more manageable, daily or weekly goals.

Hugs!