View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 01:32 AM   #1734
lilactime
Embossing Fanatic

A lot of gay Americans come to Canada to be married. Canada made gay marriage legal in recent years. Our current Prime Minister would love to go back to the old ways.
I do believe that at least the topic is "out of the closet" in the states, and that is how change starts. I have noticed many gay positive movies and TV shows also - they help to educate in their own way.

As far as the preacher is concerned, it has been my observation that all places where people are vulnerable (nursing homes, private schools, churches, boy scouts etc.) attract those that prey on the innocent. A cleric tried to molest me in a Catholic church when I was 5. When my grandmother reported the incident to the parish priest, the first question he asked was "What was she wearing?"
I believe strongly in the separation of church and state and in civil rights. Continue to speak your truth, it does make a difference.

Last edited by lilactime; 08-04-2012 at 01:33 AM.. Reason: add on - And do continue to make me laugh - It is such a tonic!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!