View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #1721
tigerlily55
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose View Post

Chick-Fil-A is another weird issue. The owner does have a right to give his money to whatever cause he wants. And people who disagree have the right to not go there.

But I have to admit, a lot of the people they interviewed showed me that there are still a lot of Americans who still don't get that marriage equality is a matter of civil rights and has nothing to do with religion. The moment someone says "God" or "The Bible" says what marriage is, I think, yes, that's for one group of religious people.

We have state rights that are being denied to people who lose them simply by their sexual orientation. Separate the civil rights from the religious rites. Let's take away ALL the civil benefits for marriages for EVERYONE. Everyone has to have paperwork to get into the hospital to see their mate. No tax breaks, nothing. Then see how fast things change. A religious rite should not determine one's civil rights.
I agree Wrose but another issue is, are we supposed to believe he is not discriminating in hiring?

According to the suit that's been filed even a single mother isn't the right kind of chik.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!