View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #9
connie leone
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaobrien View Post
I am looking for ideas on how to organize my 300+ stamp sets. Those are just my wood mounted sets. I now purchase the clear mount if available. So much easier to store. I have been reading threads for the last 2 hours but becoming very overwhelmed. What is the best way to create an inventory for this many sets? We are talking a couple thousand individual stamps if all broken up.

Thanks
Lisa
Oh Lisa, I so feel your pain!!! I was a SU demo at one time & have a ton of sets. For the most part I have un-mounted mine from the wood blocks. I'm also in the process of making an index because I have duplicate bought on more then 1 occasion!!! I also have a lot of single wood mount stamps that I still have to un-mount. What I have been doing is printing the index from the SU gallery or making a copy from the stamped image that I did when I unmounted. (KWIM?) Then I have put the index in a clear page protector. I have categories in my binder, ex: Alphas, baby, animals, friendship, sentiments, & sentiments, with flowers, or different images. ( One thing that I'm not doing and probably should but just don't have the time and that is to also make an index for the sets that can fit into more then 1 category.) I have my binder and can flip through the pages I think much quicker then being able to flip through each stamp set.

As far as my un-mounting I stamped each image on card stock (cut down to 6X6) then laminated it. On the back side I have put Scoth 3M poster tape to hold the stamp on. I then put them into the CTMH envelopes. (paper/stamp envelopes) They are the same ones they use for their stamp sets. I also have A LOT of CTMH sets. When I purchase stamps anymore I really try to get the clear/acrylic ones. Now what do I store all the envelopes in?? I purchased awhile back large fabric bins from Target. I put them in 2 rows but they do overlap a bit! Oh well what are you going to do?? Nothing ever seems to fit perfectly!! I have 3 or 4 filled!! Plus a large bin full of my single stamps that have yet to be un-mounted!!!

Anyways, I just thought I would give you an idea on how I have done it. Good luck and I hope you find a way that will suit your needs. The people here on SCS are terrific and have some great ideas!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!