I found a packet of vintage valentines that I wanted to use in a photo scrapbook at a flea market in the town where my husband’s family reunion was being held. Some of the verses from the cards are =
• Boo Hoo I wanna be your Valentine Love
• Don’t be a “Nut” all your life. Be my Valentine.
• Greetings on St. Valentine’s Day. I choose you From all the rest Because you know I like you best.
• Hungry Hannah. When do we eat? Who’s gonna treat? That’s all you say, Boy, oh boy, How you enjoy packing the chow away; A date with you is just a meal, You sure do use your dome, and when you’re filled up to your chin You cry, “I wanna go home!”
• I’d guard you well If you were mine So, come on ~ be my Valentine.
• If you’ll exchange your heart for mine We’ll each one have a Valentine.
• I hope no one else Will get there first For I’m very certain My case is the worst.
• I just ran over your way With this valentine to-day So take this little hint from me. That I your Valentine would be.
• I’ll bar out all others if you’ll be my Valentine.
• I’ll never for-get you my Val-ent-ine.
• I never miss the others when you are by my side.
• I’ve lost a heart but I’m not blue Because I know it’s safe with you.
• Lap Lizard. At Pitchin’ Woo you’re a WOW, Your technique is lousy and how! Your sex appeal is minus the snap, You’re just a small town country sap!
• My Valentine, ‘t would give me pleasure If I always had your heart to treasure.
• Please don’t return my heart to me Because it’s yours “for keeps” you see!
• Speak Up and Say You’ll Be My Valentine.
• The Farmer. Up each morn’ at break of day, To milk the cow and mow the hay, And plow and hoe and plant fine seeds, Then harvest a nice big crop of weeds.
• Today I am sending a letter, and the heart on it gives me away; but pray, could I do any better since this is St. Valentine’s Day?
• U are the Only one I love, My Valentine.
• When we play together, The time goes, oh, so fast. Let me be your Valentine, My love will always last.
• Whoa! I’m Yours. The fourteenth day of February Brings to mind someone who’s very Worthwhile, splendid, staunch and true Briefly and sincerely—You!
• X-pressing my love for you My Valentine
~~ <> @ <> ~~
Here’s some links for other things =
Etiquette, Post, Emily. 1922. Etiquette in Society, in Business, in Politics and at Home
Familiar Quotations, Bartlett, John, comp. 1919. Familiar Quotations, 10th edition
Quotes & Sayings, Love Quotes And Sayings