View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #49
lakergirlne
Inking Addict

I feel your pain. LOL Seriously, I'm in the same boat as many of you. I have well over 500 sets of Stampin Up stamps, plus a ton of JustRite and CTMH. I can't bear to break up any of the sets. My solution isn't a good one, but it does work for me. I keep all my wooden stamp sets together and put them in Iris containers. Each Iris container will hold around 8 or so sets. I have 72 containers! Each Iris container is marked with a number, such as "C 12" which stands for "Clear #12". Since I have a variety of colors of the Iris containers, if I need something from "G 22" it is easy to grab that off the shelf, as green stands out. Plus they are stacked in numerical order. I have an Excel spreadsheet which lists the name of the stamp set, the number of stamps in the set, and the number of the Iris box it is in. So, if I want to use 'Darling Dragons', I look it up on the spreadsheet, and it immediately tells me which Iris container to get it from. I have the spreadsheet sorted in different ways. One is sorted alphabetically, and another is sorted by container, so if I want to, I can see what stamps are in a certain container. I have also recently started categorizing the stamps and putting similar sets in the same container. Sets such as Christmas, Children, Autumn, Halloween, Birthday, Sentiments, etc. I bought some wire shelving [cubes] at Target and put together a huge wall unit which holds about 66 Iris boxes. I don't have a stamped index sheet in a container, although that would be kind of neat. I do have every Stampin Up catalog, and thumb through those periodically. If I see a cool set of stamps I look to see if I have it, and then pull it out to make a project. {The reason I have so many stamp sets is because - apparently, I am OCD!}
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!