SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Tickle a Teapotter Coordinator

Default MMTPT209 ~ July 31, 2012 ~ Whatever the Weather

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #209

WHATEVER THE WEATHER!

Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!

Whatever the weather...

Whether the weather is good or bad we can still have fun at the tea-party this week as we tickle each other.

I know many of us have been suffering from unusual weather events – whether it’s floods or drought or high winds – but at least on our cards it’s all make-believe and whatever weather we choose, our cards will bring a smile with them as they drop into the mailbox. No floods, no power outages, no drought – just a smile and happy thoughts.

I don’t aim to write a story; my starting point is a tea-pot my mother gave me a good number of years ago, and it set me off along the song trail. A few weeks ago we were driving over to the west and I asked DH for songs with weather in them. He gave me some I already had, some I didn’t, and way more than I need.

So, show the weather on your card, inspired by any of the following (or indeed, share your own favourite weather-themed song with us for an extra cookie.)

Maybe “The sun is out, the sky is blue” (but I hope it’s not raining in your heart!!); maybe you’re like John Denver and “sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy”...

Maybe you’re “singing in the rain” or “summer rain is falling on my umbrella above me”...

Or maybe “rainy days and Mondays always get you down”... (but Teapot Tuesdays pick you up again!)

Maybe the weather outside is frightful and you want to get in the mood for Christmas and “Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow”...

Maybe there’s a summer breeze making you feel fine, or a black wind blowing in the cotton field...

Maybe you’d just like to be inspired by the teapot and join Winnie the Pooh in singing about a blustery day: Blustery Day by Winnie The Pooh

So, get out your macs and wellies, your sunshades and parasols, your windbreakers, shades and sunscreen for the beach, your storm clouds or fluffy white ones, your rainbows and raindrops - and sing along while you create your weather-themed card!

Destination Station
Once a month, its Tickle A Teapotter Week! How about sending your card to a fellow teapotter this week as a little payback or reward to all of those who participate in sending their cards to the recipient of the Destination Station each week. For more information on who to mail your card to if you chose to participate, please visit Post #307 in the Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!

Here is my card.

Here
is a Quick Link to the Teapot Tuesday #209 Challenge Gallery.

Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT209 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!

Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Mothermark permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send Mothermark a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!

If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!
Attached Thumbnails
sabrinas-teapot-1.png   sabrinas-teapot-2.png   sabrinas-teapot-3.png   badge_for_teapot_tuesday.jpg  
SCS Photo Challenge #201 ~Vacation Favourites
Ways to Use It : Thursday Challenge ~Stencil It
Techniques ~ Monday is Technique Time - TLC499: Tape It Off

Last edited by Mothermark; 08-05-2012 at 07:19 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!