View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #491
muscrat
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnaml View Post
Kathy, I love Virginia. I have a brother and SIL that live there. (they are the ones that just lost one of their sons). I have been there a few times and just LOVE the history about it. Love all the civil war sites and the plantation homes. Beautiful.

Love all the chatter everyone.

Kathy you are so lucky your mom lives up behind you. My mom lives on the other side of town and with me not able to drive just yet I can't get up to see here much. I have another doctors appt in late August and then he will (he better anyway) sign off on me being able to drive again.
I've never been to Virginia. I went west years ago, as far as Tucson but that was in the 70's. I don't like traveling but I would really like to see that cave and DH has said he would take a day to go, so I have to save a few bucks for gas and entrance fees. $24 per person! I figure I could pack us some food to save money, so it would be a tank or more of gas and $50 plus I have to have money for the gift shop. There is a gift shop, right? Penns Cave in PA has the best gift shop. Sometimes I go way out there just to shop!

I love having mom and dad so close....DH has helped them so much over the years and I can drive them to appts. now. Dad doesnt drive much and mom is getting that she doesnt' like to drive much either.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!