View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #258
Jmaraul
SCS Swap Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldthoney79 View Post
Thanks for the response Joyce!!

In terms of weight they'd all be fine as a large envelope since they're just under 4 ounces (I have a postal scale). I'm thinking that what would bump it up to a package rate would be the thickness. Its just a bit weird since clearly when people mailed them to me some postal workers chose to send em as different rates?!?

Also wondering... if people put their return address instead of mine and there's not enough postage does that mean it will just go to them and they'll have postage due??
According to my postal gal, they prefer you not do that. If the machine or individual can't read/understand the address in the "To" portion of the letter, there is a strong possibility that it won't register in the "From" are either. Especially if they are both hand written by someone with distinctive handwriting. I normally use a return address label with my own address and tape it over their address - making sure to blacken out any number that might confuse machines or postal persons.

As for the insufficient postage question - If that is the only address on the package, I would assume that would be the case.

---------
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!